Tuesday 5 June 2012

God Save The Queen!

Recently I signed up for the God Save The Queen swap organised by Lynda over at Hookin' With LaaLaa. The rules were to include a minimum of six items, including at least one handmade item, relating to Britain and Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee and to be received in time for the Jubilee weekend. My lovely swap partner Marina very generously sent me The Most Amazing parcel of pressies, which arrived in a massive box right on time last Thursday:
I was sooo excited to open the box to find 12 individual parcels, beautifully wrapped in union jack wrapping paper - fantastic! And look at all the wonderful goodies I received:
A pair of vintage coronation hair slides.
Red, white & blue coloured yarn - I plan to make a pom-pom garland with this.
A length of red, white & blue ribbon AND a length decorated with a guardsman design.
A pocket mirror with a corgi design on the back.
A gadget cozy made from some very British CK fabric.
A box of Thorntons chocolates - I have to say that Mr A & I have already eaten these.
A packet of Royal Flush playing cards - perfect as Superhero & I play cards all the time.
A commemorative mug - I'm going to display this next to my 1977 version! 
Two tins, decorated with guardsman and London buses.
And some Union Jack napkins - which we used at our Jubliee picnic on Sunday.

Thank you so, so much Marina, you have been really generous and I absolutely love all the items you've sent me. (Go check out Marina's blog Evelyn-May Vintage, she made the most fabulous cake for her daughter's birthday). 

And thank you too Lynda for organising such a fun swap and helping me meet a new blogging friend. (Lynda is already organising another blog-swap - you can find all the details at Hookin' with LaaLaa).

Hope you have been having a great Jubilee weekend? 

Have fun. xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...