Friday 6 April 2012

How To :: Rainbow Easter Garland


Yesterday I made this cute little Easter Garland to hang over my fireplace in my front room ready for our family party on Sunday.

It was super easy to make, particularly with kids to entertain this holiday, and a pretty way to add a splash of Spring colour to a room, especially if it's a bit grey and miserable outside. It isn't an original idea by any means - I'm sure you have seen lots like this before - but I thought it would be fun to show you how I made my version in case you would like to make one too.
First of all you need to collect a selection of paint charts from your local DIY store. I used a rainbow selection, but you could use colours to match the colour-scheme of the room you are going to decorate.
Next, draw an egg shape on some paper. The shape should be one and a half times the length of a colour block on the paint chart. Once you are happy with your egg shape and size, cut a template out of some scrap card.
Placing the template over one of the paint charts, line the bottom of the egg shape at the bottom of one of the colour blocks. Make a mark on the template where the top of the colour block is.
Line up your template at the bottom of the colour block, making sure the mark is lined up with the top of the colour block. Take a look to make sure you can't see any text within your selected area. Draw around the shape and cut it out. You should be able to cut three egg shapes from each paint chart.
Once you have cut out all your eggs (I think I used around 30 shapes) stick them to a length of string or ribbon, making sure that all the white lines are level. Hang it up and sit back and admire your handy work.

Let me know if you have a go at making one too, I would love to see your version.

Have fun. xx







5 comments:

Lorna May said...

That is fantastic. I love it, a great project and it looks brilliant.
So much colour and fun.

Unknown said...

How clever, I've always thought there must be something you can use the paint cards for! There will be lots of people pinching them now, including me!!
Happy Easter.

Mimi and Tilly said...

Oooh, lovely! x

Emily said...

Thats just so brilliant, I cant get over how amazing it looks! I always thought there must be cool stuff you can do with those things. Excellent. Or should that be eggcellent (oh dear!) emily x

famfa said...

Inventive and fun x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...