Mr A and I decided that we wanted this Christmas to be a bit less commercial and a bit more personal, so set ourselves a little challenge to make as many of our gifts as we could. We referred to this challenge as the 12 Makes of Christmas - this is what we made:
1. 4 Children's Door Hangers
2. An Apron for Mr A's mum
3. 15 Christmas Cards, picture designed by our little Superhero
4. 5 Felt Brooches
5. 6 Bird Feeders, Mr A's design
6. A Christmas Wreath for the front door
7. 12 Mugs of Snowman Soup for the kid's friends
8. A batch of Reindeer Food, which we left for Rudolph on Xmas Eve
9. 6 Hair-band Holders, for our nieces and god-daughters
10. 10 Salt-dough Christmas Tree Decorations, decorated by our Little Princess
11. 3 Packets of Spiced Orange Chocolate Brownies, for Superhero's Teachers.
12. 2 Felt Christmas Party Hats
Not bad? We really loved being creative and are very proud of our end products... but now I am completely bitten by the making bug, so have set myself a new challenge to make something every week for 2011. I've already started my first item - I'll let you know how I get on.